SCAP – Sustainable Clothing Action Plan
Sustainable Clothing Action Plan
The Sustainable Clothing Action Plan aims to improve the sustainability of clothing across its lifecycle. We are amongst other leading clothing companies who have pledged to measure and reduce our environmental footprints and are a signatory to the SCAP 2020 Commitment.
Areas of commitment:
- Use a common assessment tool to measure our baseline position and track changes in footprint over time.
- Reduce the environmental footprint of clothing through fibre and fabric selection
- Over the longer term, work with our supply chain partners to reduce the environmental footprint of their processes
- Extend the useful life of clothes and reduce the environmental impact of clothing in use through our product design and services
- Develop effective messaging to influence key consumer behaviours which will reduce the environmental footprint of clothing
- Increase re-use and recycling to recover maximum value from used clothing
- Develop actions that help keep clothes out of landfill
As part of our commitment we have partnered with TRAID, a charity working to stop textiles and footwear from being thrown away to landfill reducing waste and carbon emissions, while raising funds to fight poverty.
Supporting the Children of Garment Workers
We have launched a head office recycling initiative for staff to dispose of samples and their own clothing, footwear and accessories. In 2016 we aim to operate a customer facing option for stores and the internet. The financial gain will be donated to Supporting the Children of Garment Workers in Bangladesh. This is run with ChildHope UK whose Bangladeshi partner is Nagorik Uddyog.